Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant in the Little Rock office. The ideal candidate will work 15 hours a week: three days a week including Fridays. Requires general office skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and database programs.
Candidate is required to have 5-plus years of related experience. Salary is based on experience ($11-$14/hr). Full job description follows:
Part-time Administrative Assistant (15 hours a week)
Supervisor: Administrative & Finance Director
Qualifications: 5 years related job experience.
Special Skills Required:
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to handle multi-line telephone system
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to take initiative to ask for projects and assist with tasks
- Must have professional manner in answering phones and greeting guests
- Committed to improving the lives of children and families in need
Job Summary: Provide administrative assistance to the AACF office and enter contact and donor information into AACF’s database.
- Answer multi-line phone in a professional manner and ensure phones are answered during office hours
- Answer calls from families looking for assistance and provide names and phone numbers of organizations who may be able to help them
- Welcome visitors and guests in professional manner
- Prepare for in-office meetings, i.e. make coffee, tea, ice, water and maintain conference room
- Maintain clean and organized work areas within the office including front office and desk, processing room, kitchen, and conference room on a daily basis.
- Maintain office equipment (e.g., phone, fax, copier) and call vendor when necessary for service
- Process mail daily, both incoming and outgoing
- General filing
- Process office mailings
- Process outgoing checks after signed
- Process incoming donations in database and generate deposit reports and acknowledgement letters
- Process donor and attendee credit cards
- Enter contact and donor information into database, and generate reports as requested
- Investigate returned or bad contact information and enter correct information into database
- Work with Administrative & Finance Director to de-dupe and clean-up database on a regular basis
- Enter contact information of attendees from outreach events into database provided by the Outreach Director
- Assist Development Director with projects such as annual solicitations as assigned by the Administrative & Finance Director
- Assist Development Director with sending tickets for special events such as Soup Sunday and Annual Luncheon
- Assist Administrative & Finance Director with Board duties
- Assist Administrative & Finance Director and other staff members with organizing and planning special events, workshops, and meetings
- Assist all staff as needed with general administrative duties (e.g., preparing for meetings, making copies, processing mailings, entering contact information into database)
- Other duties as assigned by Executive Director, Deputy Director, or Administrative & Finance Director
Send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
AACF is an equal opportunity employer.