Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families is seeking a part-time Development Associate (20 hours a week) to work in the Little Rock office. Associate will assist Development Director Kerri Sernel with administrative duties, solicitations, donor stewardship, and donor events. Salary is based on experience ($20-$22/hr). More info on the position and how to apply below.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of non-profit development and/or marketing/communications experience.
Special Skills Required:
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in donor databases required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
- Familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint and Publisher desired.
- Proven ability to build and maintain donor relationships.
- Proven ability to multi-task with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a self-starter.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm.
Reports to: Development Director Kerri Sernel
Job Summary: Assists development director with administrative tasks, donor stewardship, annual solicitations, and special events planning as needed to retain and grow AACF’s donor base.
- Assists development director with administrative duties.
- Assists development director with creating and generating reports from donor database and tracking gifts and pledges in Excel.
- Assists the development director with stewarding and cultivating relationships with donors in assigned portfolio.
- Responsible for coordinating the spring and year-end appeals, including establishing time-frame, list generation, production of inserts, etc.
- Assists the development director and special events director with Little Rock Soup Sunday and other major fundraising events as needed.
- Assists the development director and Northwest Arkansas staff with Northwest Arkansas fundraising activities as needed.
- Responsible for planning house parties and other small donor events by designing invitations, planning logistics, following up with attendees and donors in portfolio.
- Responsible for monthly donor program growth and stewardship of monthly donors through personal phone calls, social media, and other outlets.
- Researches possible new individual and corporate sponsors and incorporates those potential donors into the fundraising plans.
- Explores innovative ways to communicate with donors.
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. AACF is an equal opportunity employer.