Posted by Anna Strong on September 12th 2013
With fewer than 20 days until the Arkansas Health Connector's Marketplace opens for business in Arkansas, we wanted to make sure it was easy to access all the resources you might need, all in one place. So we put the high points in one big infographic. It can be a challenge to find the basic information about the new health law in once place, especially information that's customized for Arkansans.
Take a look at the infographic here (TIP for sharing: This will look best printed on 11 X 17 paper!)
A few of our favorite points:
- 1 in 4 adult Arkansans is uninsured, but 95% of uninsured Arkansans will qualify for subsidized health insurance coverage thanks to the Affordable Care Act.
- Health insurance is important for families, especially children, to help make sure they stay healthy, stay in school/work, and thrive in their communities.
- New coverage is available, and depending on your income, you will likely qualify for help paying your monthly premiums. Rather than the former benefits "cliff" for health insurance, families can continue to get help as their income grows. Subsidies will gradually decrease as they earn more money.
- The newly available coverage brings new benefits, like preventive care with no copays, no more lifetime or annual limits, and most importantly, access to affordable coverage regardless of pre-existing conditions.
- You can learn more or find local assisters to help you explore your options at www.arhealthconnector.org or by calling 1-855-283-3483.
- Enrollment begins October 1st, and new coverage will start as soon as January 1st if you get enrolled this fall!
Keep an eye out for more resources from AACF in the coming weeks about how YOU can help your community get insured. We'll have resources targeted to helping engage schools, immigrant families, the faith community, and more. Please share these with those you know who are uninsured or under-insured!