Position Overview: Based in the Little Rock office of AACF. Can work 30 (80%) to 40 (full-time) hours per week, depending on the candidate’s needs. This position will assist the Deputy Director with management of finances, grants, human resources, administration, and IT support. Will also assist the Little Rock Development Director with administrative support including management of the contacts/fundraising database. Candidates should have experience in book-keeping and daily operations of a business. Previous experience with a nonprofit is a plus. Annual salary range is $55,000 to $60,000 depending on experience and the number of hours worked per week. People of color and other applicants with lived experience in the issues we champion are encouraged to apply. Position can work one to two days each week at home in coordination with the part-time Administrative Assistant but must ensure that administrative duties are covered in the office and be available to come in if needed.
Job Summary: Make sure the daily operations of the office run smoothly. Assist the Deputy Director with management of finances, grants, human resources, administration, and IT support. Provide administrative support to the Little Rock Development Director including managing the contacts/fundraising database. Provide executive assistant support to the Executive Director and administrative support to the AACF staff.
Qualifications/Skills: Experience in book-keeping and daily operations of a business (for profit or nonprofit). Proficient in Quickbooks, Excel, and contacts database management.
- Perform book-keeping tasks including payables and receivables and reconciliation of monthly bank statement and database.
- Assist Deputy Director with quarterly close and allocation of grant funds.
- Oversee the technology of the central office and the Northwest Arkansas office including troubleshooting problems with staff to determine when IT consultant’s assistance is needed, working closely with the IT consultant to make sure problems are fixed timely, purchasing software and equipment, ensuring the network server is properly maintained by the IT consultant.
- Oversee purchase and maintenance of office equipment including phone system, copier, postage meter, computers, etc. Contact vendors when there are maintenance issues.
- Work with landlord on maintenance issues.
- Assist Deputy Director with maintaining fringe benefits package for staff including the 401(k) plan and health insurance policies.
- Assist Deputy Director with preparing and submitting documentation for grant proposals, maintaining grant correspondence and award notifications, and notifying staff when grant proposals and grant reports are due.
- Work closely with the Little Rock Development Director and Northwest Arkansas Development Director to ensure that donations are entered correctly and timely into the donor database, credit card transactions are processed timely, and reports are generated to analyze donor data.
- Help the Little Rock Development Director including administrative support, assisting with mailings, generating reports, tracking annual board pledges, and helping with special events.
- Assist Little Rock Development Director with stewardship of monthly donors including year-end tax letter in January and setting up auto reminders in database for expiring credit cards.
- Oversee the contacts/fundraising database, including training staff on how to use it and troubleshooting problems, entering contact and donor information along with gifts, setting up online registration for events, importing and exporting information into the database, and assisting staff with generating reports from the database.
- Assist Executive Director with board duties including coordination of board and committee meetings and the annual retreat. Ensure that board minutes are recorded and saved properly.
- Provide executive assistant support to the Executive Director.
- Assist with the planning of staff meetings and retreats. Participate in the staff team building committee. Coordinate recognition of birthdays and special occasions for staff.
- Greet guests and answer office phones when part-time Administrative Assistant is not available, and ensure coverage of phones and front desk by other staff members when out of the office. Review and handle email requests sent to the AACF general email account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Maintain office calendar and ensure meetings in the conference room are on the calendar. Maintain and prepare conference room for meetings (coffee, tea, water, etc.).
- Make sure the common areas of the office (supply room, storage room, etc.) are kept neat and organized and schedule all staff clean-up days as necessary. Assign weekly kitchen duty to staff.
- Maintain office and kitchen supplies and order as necessary.
- Ensure that mail (both incoming and out coming) is processed daily.
- Create staff timesheets and lobbying timesheets at the beginning of each year and send periodically reminders to update them.
- Oversee the duties of the part-time Administrative Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families (AACF) was founded in 1977 to advance public policies that improve the well-being of children and families, especially those most vulnerable because of poverty, racism, and other structural barriers. Through policy research and advocacy, AACF promotes reforms to improve child and family well-being, including child welfare, education, family economic security, health, juvenile justice, and racial equity.