The Arkansas Kids Count Coalition, led by Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families, works to raise awareness about pressing policy issues impacting children and to teach people how to lobby and advocate. The coalition will be updating this page throughout the year to provide tips and resources to help you achieve your advocacy goals to improve the lives of kids in our state.
Let’s aspire as we start 2022!
- What’s your advocacy resolution? with January’s advocacy action, Make A New Year’s advocacy resolution
- What’s the Arkansas General Assembly Fiscal Session? with February’s advocacy action, Watch the Fiscal Session
- Event recording: Policy and Advocacy Updates for the New Year
- Follow-up resources: for Policy and Advocacy Updates for the New Year event
1. Arkansas House of Representatives
2. Arkansas Senate
3. Arkansas State Legislature page: here you can search and set-up alerts for bills, check current laws, find out who
serves on different committees, view committee schedules, watch meetings live, and get the contact information
of your legislators.
4. Sign-up for Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families action alerts, if you have not already, to receive alerts
on pressing bills and legislative updates.
5. KIDS COUNT Data Center
6. Congress Should Adopt American Families Plan’s Permanent Expansions of Child Tax Credit and EITC, Make
Additional Provisions Permanent from the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities – this article includes state data
7. Recent blogs and publications on hunger in Arkansas from Arkansas Advocates
- Event recording: COVID-19 & Hispanic/Latino Arkansans English and Spanish closed captioning available
- Follow-up resources: for COVID-19 & Hispanic/Latino Arkansans
1. Hispanic Women’s Organization of Arkansas website and Facebook
2. Arkansas Department of Health COVID-19 page and COVID resource page in Spanish
3. Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families, Immigrant Families blog posts and other research
- Advocating on the issue during the election year, with March’s action, find out who is running to be your state Senator and Representative.
- Event Recording: Advocating on the Issues in an Election Year
- Follow-up resources for: Advocating on the Issues in an Election Year
1. Countdown: 10 Types of Advocacy
2. Arkansas Advocates 2022 Voters’ Guide
3. Bolder Advocacy
4. Arkansas VoterView
5. Arkansas Political Directory
7. Planning a Voter Registration Drive
8. Recording: Advocacy 101: Creating an Advocacy plan that works for you
9. Info from the AR Secretary of State’s Office on ballot measures
10. Ballot Initiative Strategy Center
- Advocating for a fair and effective use of historic K-12 funding