Cost 4: Co-insurance

This is a charge where you pay a percentage of the total cost of the service. For example, your insurer might say you have to pay 20% co-insurance for a service. In this case, you would pay 20% of the cost and your insurance would pay the other 80%.

Other insurance plan details to think about