Coming up in our show, we will be talking with three guests about opportunity zones that were created as part of the 2017 federal tax cut bill. The act establishes a new tax break meant to encourage investment in low-income areas. But if not planned and enacted carefully, the law may not help the residents of those zones and could actually harm communities.
But first, it is back to school time in Arkansas. And for some Arkansas kids, back to school also means back to afterschool programs. From homework help to healthy eating to building robots, afterschool programs can play a critical role in children’s education and their success in school.
Afterschool Programs Segment
– State Representative Fred Love, House Minority Leader
– Laveta Wills-Hale, Director of Arkansas Out of School Network.
Opportunity Zones Segement
– Martie North-Hamilton, AACF Board of Directors
– Ryan Davis, AACF Board of Directors
– Bruno Showers, AACF Senior Policy Analyst